About the Magic of Healthy Living Contest
Disney Magic of Healthy Living aims to create healthier generations to come by helping make healthy living simple & fun! And, with the Magic of Healthy Living TRYathlon, kids and families are invited to TRY new foods, fun moves, and simple ways to be their best. So, challenge yourself, discover your strengths, and have fun!
Share your story of what you've tried to be healthy as a family for a chance to win a vacation to Disney's Aulani Resort to participate in the Magic of Healthy Living Weekend & TRYathlon May 30-June 4, 2012!
Let's get started!
HOW IT WORKS
The information on this page is meant to provide additional information and tips on the contest, for full details, please see the Official Rules.Submissions
We're looking for photos and stories that showcase what your entire family is doing (or will begin doing) to live a healthy life together.
To enter the contest you must submit:
- A photo of your family (at least one child between the ages of 6 and 14 must be in your photo)
We are excited to hear that families of all kinds are actively coming together to TRY new ways to be healthy. This particular Magic of Healthy Living contest is open to families with kids in a specific age range because this particular contest was designed for kids ages 6-14. However, future Magic of Healthy Living opportunities for all ages are on the horizon and we are eager to share! Keep checking back with us, by visiting Family.com/tryit to get all the latest Disney Magic of Healthy Living news, contest opportunities and more!
- A "story" not exceeding 500 characters
- Story: How do you try to eat right? How do you make sure that nutritious foods (e.g., fruits, vegetables, low fat dairy, whole grain, lean protein) are included in your family meals and snacks?
- Photo: Showcase your family trying healthy foods, cooking together, having a meal together, planting a garden in your backyard or in your community, etc.
- Story: How do you try to make exercise fun? How do you incorporate physical activity into your day? How can you make getting 60 minutes of physical activity a day easier and more fun with your family, neighbors and friends?
- Photo: Showcase your family engaging in a physical activity together like a walk, hike, sport, dance, community sporting events, etc.
- Please steer clear of clothing with BIG logos on it or brand-name products in the background
- We want to keep you safe! Please don't include anything with you or your partner's full name, address, or your location in the picture
Selection Of Winners:
- GRAND PRIZE WINNER: There will be 5 Grand Prize Winners, which will be selected by an expert panel of judges after the submission period. The number of votes are not a factor in selecting this winner.
- FIRST PRIZE WINNER: There will be 5 First Prize Winners, which will be selected by an expert panel of judges after the submission period. The number of votes are not a factor in selecting this winner.
- 40% Relevancy to the Topic – New TRYit actions your family has taken: How unique are your TRYit ideas? Do they incorporate healthy new foods and new moves?
- 20% Originality: Let your originality shine through! Feel free to use your creativity and think and share information in new ways!
- 20% Leadership Qualities: Can your TRYit ideas inspire, lead or motivate others in your community?
- 20% Family Involvement: Are all family members involved in the TRYit ideas? How did the family participate in the creation and submission of the contest entry?
VOTER'S CHOICE: During the entry period, the public will vote on entries to select the 5 winners of the Voter's Choice Prize. Disney reminds you to respect the contest and those participating. Remember, one vote per account per day. Disney reserves the right to review and disqualify votes, or voters, who violate the terms and conditions of the contest.
Entries will be accepted January 17th to March 12th, 2012
The winners will be announced here
Upon successful submission and approval, you can see your picture in the contest gallery pages. Please note, the photo approval process may take up to 24 hours. NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. Voidwhere prohibited. Open only to persons, who are, as of Entry, the age of majority, and who are legal residents of, and physically located within, the 50 United States or D.C. and who are the parent/legal guardians of at least one child between the ages of 6 and 14. Entries must be received between 12:01 AM (PT) on 1/17/12 and 11:59:59 PM (PT) on 3/12/12. Click here for Official Rules.