Inspired by the movie: Lady and the Tramp
Sure he started out as a stray with no collar or license. But, in Lady's eyes, the Tramp proved to be nothing less than a hero. Besides rescuing her from a pack of vicious canines and helping to remove the muzzle Aunt Sarah put on her, he killed the rat that snuck into the nursery. And that's all before becoming the devoted patriarch of four adoring pups. These bone-shaped cookies, inspired by the Tramp's favorite breakfast, make a sweet Father's Day treat for the top dog in your family.
- Baking sheets
- Batch chilled sugar cookie dough (store bought or homemade)
- Rolling pin
- Dog bone-shaped cookie cutter (sold in the cake decorating aisle of many craft stores and large department stores)
- White candy melts
- Microwavable cup or mug
- Waxed paper
1.Chill the baking sheets for 10 minutes or so (this will help the cookies keep their shape while baking).
2. Roll out the dough to 1/4-inch thickness on a flour-dusted surface. Cut out dog bone shapes from the dough and arrange them on the cookie sheets, spaced apart. Bake the cookies according to the recipe directions until they begin to brown around the edges. Let the cookies cool on the sheets for a couple of minutes and then transfer them to the wire rack to cool completely.
3. Melt a cup of white candy melts in the microwave according to the package directions.
4. Dip one end of each cookie into the melted white chocolate (heating more candy melts if needed to finish the batch), and set the cookies on waxed paper to let the candy coating firm up.