Fairy Valentine Tree
With its glimmering gold fountains of magical dust, the Pixie Dust Tree is certainly the focal point of Pixie Hollow. But come Valentine's Day, Tink and the other fairies are thinking pink and decorating their tree house boughs with pretty heart-shaped leaves. Crafted from cardstock and shiny stickers, this tabletop tree will dazzle fairies and their fans alike. You can even print a secret valentine message behind the door in the trunk.
- Template for Fairy Valentine Tree
- Brown cardstock
- Craft knife
- Scrap of craft paper (gold, pink, or red)
- Glue stick
- Sticker hearts or small scrapbooking hearts
1. Print the template and use it as a pattern for cutting out the pieces from the specified types and colors of cardstock and paper.
2. Place the tree template piece atop the matching cardstock cutout and use the craft knife (adult's only) to cut through both layers along the solid line of the heart-shaped door (leave the dotted portion uncut for the hinge).
3. Have your child write a valentine note on the message rectangle. Then glue the rectangle to the back of the tree trunk so the message shows when you open the door.
4. Now your child can decorate the tree boughs with lots and lots of mini hearts. (If you're using scrapbooking hearts instead of stickers, simply apply glue to the boughs and press the hearts in place.)
5. For the finishing touch, create a tree stand by folding the two stand halves along the dotted lines and then gluing the curved sides together, as shown.
6. Glue the stand to the back of the trunk, covering the blank side of the message rectangle.