Lumière's Flickering Hearts Valentine
Of all the residents in the enchanted castle, Lumière is the one most likely to be voted a helpless romantic. Even after Belle leaves the castle, he remains convinced she will be the one to break the enchantress' spell. And so she does — by confessing her love for the beleaguered beast. Who better than this clever candelabrum to shed a little light on your child's valentine intentions?
- Template for Lumière's Flickering Hearts Valentine
- Craft or scrapbook paper (white and golden yellow)
- Glue stick
- 8.5- by 11-inch sheet of cardstock folded in half for the card
- Fine-tipped marker
- Heart stickers or red finger paint
1. Print the candle and message page of the template on white craft paper and the candelabrum page on golden yellow craft paper. Cut out the pieces.
2. Glue the bases of the side candles and the center candle to the candelabrum cups. Then glue the candelabrum to the bottom of the card.
3. Draw wicks on the candle tops.
4. Now your child can press heart stickers (tips facing up) in place for candle flames. Or, for an extra personal touch, he or she can create finger-paint hearts by overlaping two red fingerprints on white craft paper, as shown, and then cutting out his or her favorites to glue in place.
5. Finally, add a handwritten or computer printed valentine message, such as No One Holds a Candle to You or You light up my day, Valentine!
Note: If you want to make a bunch of these valentines, you can photocopy the card after step 2 and then let your child add wicks and flames to all the copies.