Felty Thumper Ears
These soft ears are perfect for pretending to be Bambi's boisterous buddy. If you're hosting a Bambi-themed party, assemble them in advance and welcome a colony of little hoppers.
- Printed template
- Gray or brown felt
- Pink felt
- 1 piece 2-sided fusible webbing
- 1-inch-wide headband
- Hot glue gun
- 1 yard ribbon
1. Print and cut bunny ear templates.
2. Trace the larger ear template onto gray or brown felt. Cut out two larg ears.
3. Peel the backing off of one side of the fusible webbing. The webbing will be tacky. Press tacky side onto pink felt.
4. Trace the smaller template onto the back of the fusible webbing attached to the pink felt. Cut two small ears from the webbing-backed felt.
5. Peel off paper backing and press the pinks of the ears onto the gray felt ears. Grown-up's job: Set an iron to low and iron both sides fusing the pink felt to the gray felt ears.
6. Using your scissors, make a 1-inch cut at the bottom of each ear.
7. Grown-up's job: On each ear, place a dollop of hot glue at the top of the 1-inch cut and pinch to secure.
8. Secure the loose felt under the headband with hot glue.
9. Place a dollop of hot glue at one end of the headband and attach a gray ribbon. Wrap the ribbon tightly around the headband until you reach the felt ears. Secure with hot glue. Do the same on the other side of the headband, and secure with hot glue.