Mickey's Handy Candy Ornament
If ever there was a mouse that has the upper hand in making your holiday decorating all the more merry, it's Mickey. With little more than paper, markers, and a box of candy canes, you and your child can whip up a bunch of these playful treat-toting ornaments to give to friends, family, and teachers -- and, of course, to hang on your own tree!
For each ornament, you'll need:
- Template for Mickey's Handy Candy Ornament
- Heavy-weight white scrapbook paper or white cardstock
- Black permanent marker
- Glue stick
- Candy cane
1. Print the template and use it to cut out two matching Mickey gloves from the scrapbook paper or cardstock.
2. Use the pencil to draw slightly curved lines between the fingers and three oval "pleats," as shown, on one glove. Do the same on the second glove, but this time in reverse. Go over the pencil lines and shade in the pleats with black marker.
3. Place one glove face down and apply glue to the thumb, wrist, and knuckle portions, but not to the area indicated on the template. Set the second glove right side up atop the glued glove, matching all the edges, and press down firmly to stick it in place.
4. Once the glue is set, insert the candy cane between the unglued portion of the two gloves, as shown. It should fit just snug enough to hold in place.
5. Simply hang your ornament by the crook of the candy cane. Or, you can turn it into a gift tag by attaching a loop of embroidery floss or monofilament.