Prep & Landing Snow Globe Ornament
After saving Timmy's Christmas, Wayne goes back to the North Pole where Santa gives him a snow globe as a gift for his hard work and quick thinking. Create your own snow globe ornament using snap-together clear acrylic ornaments. Kids and parents will love this sweet reminder of the magic of the holiday season.
- Template for Snow Globe Ornament
- 80mm clear acrylic snap-together ball ornament (found at craft stores)
- 1 sheet brown cardstock
- 1 sheet white cardstock
- Self-adhesive craft foam (brown, red, white, and green)
- White paint marker (such as Perm-opaque)
- Black marker
- Low temperature glue gun
- White sparkle glitter
- Polyester fiberfill (found in craft stores)
- Festive ribbon for hanging
1. Print the template and cut out the pieces. Begin by tracing the pieces from page 2 onto cardstock and craft foam as specified. For self-adhesive craft foam, trace templates onto the disposable paper side of the craft foam. Set the cut pieces aside.
To make the base of the snow globe:
2. Remove the paper backing from the two large craft foam circles and stick them together, adhesive sides facing in.
3. Write a holiday message on the brown cardstock band using a Perm-opaque marker. Put a dab of hot glue on the end of the band, where specified on the template. Create a ring, overlapping the ends of the band, and secure.
4. Spread a thin line of hot glue along the edge of the cardstock ring and glue it to the center of the brown craft foam circle. Sprinkle the white glitter on any glue that seeps over the edge.
To make the house:
5. Two house designs are included on the template. Choose which house you prefer and cut the appropriate pieces from the self-adhesive craft foam. Once your pieces are cut, remove the paper backing and stick them together as you see them on the template. Add a roof to the front and back of the house. Top the house with white craft foam snow.
6. Use a black marker to draw on doors and windows, then use the white Perm-opaque marker to accent the house with snow.
7. If you like, you can make green craft foam trees in varying heights.
To assemble the snow globe:
8. To assemble your winter scene, put a line of hot glue on the bottom edge of the house and any trees. Glue them to the white cardstock circle.
9. When your house and tree are secure, put a few dabs of glue on the cardstock circle and attach small pieces of polyester fiberfill, as snow. Do the same on the bottom side of the circle.
10. Trim away excess fiberfill and put a line of hot glue along the edge of the paper circle.
11. Hold one half of the acrylic ornament, with the hanger loop at the top, and press the glued edge of the cardstock circle to the inside wall at the bottom of the ornament.
12. Once glued, sprinkle a pinch of the sparkle glitter into this half of the ornament.
13. Put a line of glue on the opposite edge of the cardstock circle and seal the two halves of the ornament together. Shake to distribute the glitter, creating a falling snow effect.
14. To attach the ball to the base, spread a thin line of glue along the edge of the paper ring and glue the ornament into the base.
15. You can embellish the snow globe by using your white marker to draw snowflakes on the outside of the acrylic ornament. Thread a piece of festive ribbon through the hanger loop to hang.