Belle's Thanksgiving Crown
Everybody dresses up for the Beast's Thanksgiving feast -- especially Belle. To complement her holiday gown, she dons a special harvest crown made of colorful pint-size pumpkins and hand-colored acorns. Here's how your resident princess can follow suit.
- Template for Belle's Thanksgiving Crown
- Craft or scrapbook paper: 2 shades of orange, light brown or tan, and any other color you like to use for the headband (a gold patterned paper works well for this)
- Brown markers (wide and fine tips)
- Glue stick
- Faux gems
1. First, fashion a headband by cutting two 3- by 12-inch strips from craft or scrapbook paper. Fold both strips in half lengthwise (so they are 1.5 inches wide) and glue them together, overlapping the ends a bit to create a single long band. Wrap the band around your child's head to fit it, and mark where the ends overlap. Remove the headband and glue the ends together.
2. Print the template and use the pieces as patterns to cut out the specified number and colors of pumpkin and acorn shapes.
3. Assemble the large pumpkin and the two smaller pumpkins by first using the marker to color the stems brown, as shown.
4. Then glue the pumpkin mid layers in place followed by the top layers.
5. Now use the wide-tip marker to color the bottom of each acorn dark brown. Then draw criss-cross lines on the acorn tops with the fine-tip marker.
6. Glue the pumpkins (with the larger one in the center) to the front of the headband. Add the acorns, positioning and tilting them as you like.
7. For a sparkly finish, embellish the crown with faux gems.