Sally's Thanksgiving Cone-ucopias
Cars fans will race to the table when they spot these bright orange holiday favors. Designed to resemble Sally Carrera's Cozy Cone Motel units, the paper cones are filled with after dinner treats and trinkets. Just poke through the foil bottom to spill the goods.
- Template for Sally's Thanksgiving Cone-ucopias
- Orange craft or scrapbook paper
- Aluminum foil
- Glue dots
- Glue stick
- Small wrapped treats or trinkets to fill the cones
1. Print the template and use the pieces as patterns to cut out the shapes from orange paper and aluminum foil, as specified.
2. Shape the cone, overlapping the sides to the 3/4-inch notch in the lower edge as shown. Use glue dots to hold the shape.
3. Cut a series of 3/4-inch notches in the bottom of the cone and then fold the tabs, as shown.
4. Apply glue to the tops of the tabs. Fit one of the orange paper cone bases over the cone and down onto the tabs, pressing firmly to stick it in place.
5. Use glue dots to stick the aluminum foil rectangle to the second orange cone base.
6. Fill the cone with a few goodies and/or trinkets. Then glue the foil-topped base to the bottom of the cone, as shown.