Fairy Godmother Halloween Wand
Come Halloween, a certain fairy godmother might well be inclined to dress up her wand with a little holiday flare. And what could be more fitting than topping it with a sparkly pumpkin reminiscent of the one she transformed into Cinderella's glittery coach?
- Template for Fairy Godmother Halloween Wand
- Long-handled wooden spoon
- Craft paint (gold looks especially nice)
- Small paintbrush or foam brush
- Craft paper (two shades of orange and brown for the pumpkin stem)
- Glue stick
- Glue dots
- Glitter glue and/or faux gems
- Curly ribbon and/or curled green floral wire
1. Paint the wooden spoon and set it aside to dry.
2. Print the template and use the pieces to cut out the shapes in the specified colors of paper. Note: younger kids may need some help cutting the grooves in the pumpkin overlay pieces.
3. Glue the overlay pieces and then the stems onto the pumpkin bases, keeping in mind that the pumpkins will be glued back-to-back so they should look like mirror images.
4. Place the wooden spoon with the handle facing down. Use glue dots to stick one of the pumpkins to the bowl of the spoon. Glue the other pumpkin to the flip side, matching up all of the edges with the first one. Use additional glue dots to stick the perimeters of the pumpkins together where needed.
5. Now your child can embellish the pumpkins with glitter glue and/or faux gems. For the finishing touch, glue or tie on curly ribbon "vines."