Leave it to Goofy to put a fun spin on the classic "Do Not Disturb" sign. By hanging this friendly message from his bedroom doorknob, your child can let everyone know when he's decided to call it a day.
- "Dog Tired" Goofy Doorknob Sign template
- Craft or scrapbook paper (black, white, tan or beige, orange, green, and any color you like for the sign itself
- Glue stick
- Black permanent marker
- Paper hole punch
- Ribbon (12-inch length)
1. Print out the template and use it to cut out pieces from the specified colors of craft paper. Then cut out a 4- by 9-inch paper rectangle for the sign.
2. Glue the face piece and collar to the head, as shown. Then glue the tops of the ears to the back of the head.
3. Glue the head onto the sign so that the collar is flush with the bottom of the rectangle and the ears extend beyond the sides.
4. Glue the nose onto the snout. Then glue the tops of the teeth to the back of the snout, as shown.
6. Cut 1/8-inch fringe in the bottoms of the eyelid pieces to resemble eyelashes. Glue the eyes onto the face.
7. Use the marker to draw a band around the middle of the hat. Then glue the hat in place atop Goofy's head.
9. For a hanger, punch holes in the upper corners of the sign. Then thread the ribbon ends through the holes and knot them so they won't pull back through.