Disney fans young and old can step out in style with a pair of these sassy sandals. Inspired by Minnie's favorite fashion motif, they're whimsically fringed with colorful polka-dotted ribbon.
- Pair of flip-flop sandals
- Polka-dotted ribbon
- Tape measure or ruler
1. Cut the ribbon into 9-inch lengths. Two dozen or so lengths is a good number to begin with.
2. Working with one length at a time, show your child how to tie the ribbons around the flip-flop straps, as shown. Make sure the ribbon lies flat on the underside of the strap.
3. Trim the ribbon ends 1 1/2 inches or so from the knot.
4. Encourage your child to add as many ribbons as she likes, or to experiment by cutting the ribbon into longer lengths and tying them into bows perhaps.