Everybody loves getting letters in the mail, and fairies are no exception. This tiny mailbox is the perfect size to fill with mini missives and gifts addressed to a fairy pen pal.
- Empty plastic dental floss container
- Colorful craft or scrapbook paper
- Glue stick
- 2-inch length of pipe cleaner
- Small button
- Glue dots
- 2 small wooden thread spools
1. Cover the floss container with colorful craft paper.
2. Next, make a mailbox flag by gluing together two strips of red paper (½ inch wide by 1½ inches long) with the top of the pipe cleaner length sandwiched between them. Then trim the paper to taper the top of the flag.
3. Use a glue dot to attach the flag's pipe cleaner base to the side of the floss container, as shown. Then glue a button on top of the pipe cleaner.
4. For the mailbox post, glue one thread spool atop the other.
5. Glue the mailbox on top of the post, and it's ready to fill with a miniature note or a special delivery gift, such as a bouquet of small flowers.