Your young fairy fan will have a blast furnishing this little bitty bedroom. Once she makes the bed, she can create a setting for it by using an open file folder placed on edge for walls and a colorful sheet of craft paper for a floor. She can even top a building block bedside table with a wooden bead flower vase.
- Empty mint tin
- Corrugated cardboard
- Glue dots
- Fabric scraps
- Gauze pad
1. Trace around the mint tin onto corrugated cardboard. Cut out the tracing.
2. Measure 1¼ inches from one of the short ends of the cardboard and mark a line. Cut the cardboard along the line so that you end up with two pieces: the larger one to serve as a headboard and the smaller one for a footboard.
3. Glue the headboard upright against one end of the tin and the footboard against the opposite end. Then have your child decorate them with stickers.
4. For a sheet and a bedspread, cut out matching rectangles (roughly 4¼- by 3¾-inches) from white fabric and colored or printed fabric. Stack the two pieces and turn over the top edge, using your fingertips to press the fold. Drape the sheet and spread over the mint tin and secure them in place with a few glue dots.
5. For the finishing touch, fold the gauze pad into a mini pillow, using glue dots to hold the shape if needed, and prop it against the headboard.