Inspired by Lightning McQueen's distinctive logo, this bright felt keychain can be assembled in a flash. It also makes a fun decoration for kids to snap onto a backpack or spiral notebook.
- Template for Lightning Bolt Keychain
- Pins (for pinning the template pieces to the felt)
- Stiff black felt
- Sticky-back yellow and red felt
- Key ring
1. Print the template and use the pieces as patterns to cut shapes from the specified colors of felt. To cut out the hole in the number 9, simply make a small snip in the felt to access the center; it will be barely noticeable once you stick the number in place.
2. Peel the backing from the yellow lightning bolt. Center the yellow bolt atop the black one and press down firmly to stick it in place.
3. Peel the backing from the numbers and stick them atop the yellow bolt.
4. Peel the backing from the yellow loop strap. Press the black loop strap onto the center of the yellow one, as shown.
5. Slide the key ring onto the loop strap.
6. Firmly press the sticky ends of the loop strap to the front and back of the lightning bolt, as shown, and the keychain is ready to use.