Here's a party activity Jungle Book fans will be entranced by -- crafting paper pythons that look just like Kaa, hypnotic eyes and all. Before the party, cut out all the pieces and they'll be ready for the kids to assemble when the party is underway.
- Template for Python Party Favor
- Craft paper (tan, green, brown, and light blue)
- Glue stick
- Colored pencils or markers
1. Print the template and cut out the pieces.
2. Glue a sheet of tan craft paper on top of a green sheet. Then use the spiral template piece to cut out the snake's body. First cut around the perimeter of the circle and then follow the line all the way to the center. Discard the center portion.
3. Cut out two matching head pieces, one from brown paper and the other from green. Glue the brown piece atop the green one, matching up the edges. Next, cut the mouth from tan paper, the nose from brown paper, and a pair of eyes from green and blue paper.
4. Glue the mouth onto the head.
5. Color the centers of the eyes, as shown, and glue them in place.
6. Glue the nose in place.
7. Draw on a mouth and tongue.
8. Cut out a bunch of spots. This goes fairly quickly is you stack several squares of paper.
9. Glue the spots onto the body.
10. When you're done, lift the snake by its head and the body will dangle below it.