Planning a jungle-themed party for your birthday child? Start with an invitation inspired a kid who's danced with orangutans and outsmarted the most ferocious of Bengal tigers. All it takes is craft paper and a few quick snips to create a striking likeness of the man-cub Mowgli.
- Template for Mowgli Invite
- Craft paper (black, skin-tone, white, and other colors for the balloons and card)
- Glue stick
- Black colored pencil or marker
1. Print out the template and cut out the pieces.
2. Cut the hair piece out of black paper, as shown. Then cut the face and neck out of skin-tone paper and two eyes out of white paper. Cut the balloons out of whatever colors you like.
3. Glue the neck to the face.
4. Slide the top of the face into the slit in the hair as shown, and then glue the pieces together.
5. Draw irises and pupils on the eyes. Then glue the eyes onto the face. Draw on a nose and mouth.
6. Fold a sheet of craft paper in half to create a card.
7. Glue the assembled face onto the card. Then glue on the balloons. Finally, use a colored pencil or marker to draw strings trailing from the balloons and to print the party info on the front and/or back of the card.