As Marlin and Dory can attest, if you follow Nemo, you're in for an adventure. So why not call on this charming little clownfish to lead guests to your child's birthday bash? By layering a few paper cutouts, you and your child can make party invitations featuring the famous anemone fish. Once you've assembled one, simply make photocopies for all the invitees.
- Template for Festive Clownfish Invite
- Craft paper (black, orange, and white for the template pieces and any color you like for the card)
- Glue stick
- 2 white sticker dots (the ones shown here are 1 inch and 3/4 inch)
- Black colored pencil or marker
- Craft scissors (optional)
1. Print the template and use it to cut out the pieces in the specified colors.
2. Glue the orange body shape atop the black one, positioning the pieces so the fins are edged in black.
3. Glue the white stripes in place as shown. (Note: Because the pieces are small, younger kids may require help with this step.)
4. For the eyes, draw pupils on the white sticker dots and then stick then in place, as shown. If you don't have stickers, you can simply cut circles out of white paper.
5. Now, have your child use a colored pencil or marker to outline the fish body and add lines to the fins.
6. For a background, cut a rectangle or square from colored craft paper, using craft scissors to create a decorative edge if you like. Glue the fish in place, and write the party particulars on the back of the invite.