Looking for a fun birthday greeting your child can make for a sibling or a friend? This homemade card sums it up with one of Donald Duck's favorite lines: "Oh boy, oh boy, oh boy." And if you need an invite for your own child's birthday, simply change the wording from your birthday to my birthday.
- Template for Ducky Birthday Card
- Craft paper (white, yellow, orange, and blue for the template pieces and any color you like for the card)
- Glue stick
- Colored pencils or markers
1. Print out the template and use it to cut out the pieces from the specified colors of paper.
2. Next, bend a pipe cleaner in half and twist the ends together, leaving a loop near the bend for a pencil to fit through, as shown. This will be the bird's neck. Insert the pipe cleaner ends into the hole in the bottom of the cup (the neck should be about 2 1/2 inches long). Then bend the ends inside the cup to keep them from pulling back through.
3. Draw pupils on the eyes.
4. Glue the eyes and beak onto the head. Then outline the feathers at the top of head to give them more dimension.
5. Assemble the hat by slipping the top of the hatband through the center slit and gluing it in place. Then glue the ribbon to the back.
6. Glue the hat to the head, as shown.
7. Fold a sheet of craft paper in half to create a card. Now your child can glue the duck to the card and print on the birthday greeting.