In Wonderland, even the flowers are extraordinary. Not only do they all have expressive faces, they're also apt to break out in song at any given moment. Made from felt, the personable button-face blossoms shown here can't sing, but they're great at lending a fashionable flair to a child's sun visor or headband. You can even glue one onto a pin back to create a mini corsage.
- Fantastical Felt Flowers template
- Pins (for attaching the template to the felt)
- Stiff white felt
- Glue dots or tacky glue
- Large button with two buttonholes
- 2 small googly eyes
1. Print out the template, and use it to cut two matching flower shapes out of stiff white felt.
2. Roll each flower petal around a pencil to slightly curl the tips. This will make the assembled flower more dimensional.
3. Glue one of the flower shapes atop the other, staggering the petals.
4. For the flower face, glue a pair of googly eyes onto the button, placing one eye near the edge of the button and the other over the buttonhole farthest from it. Leave the second buttonhole uncovered to resemble a small round mouth.
5. Glue the button onto the center of the felt flower. Now your child can stick her friendly-face flower to a visor or headband, or on just about anything else she'd like to decorate.