Right before Tinkerbell accompanies the other fairies to the mainland, Terrance hands her a little pouch filled with magic Pixie Dust to tide her over while she's gone. Decorated with stick-on felt hearts, one of these enchanting pouches makes a sweet gift for your child to give to a special friend -- it's the perfect size for packing valentine candies and trinkets.
- Heart-felt Fairy Pouch template
- Low-temperature glue gun
- Small sticky-back felt hearts (sold in craft stores) or small hearts cut from regular felt
- Small adhesive-back Velcro fastener
1. Print out the template and cut it out. Pin the template to a piece of felt and then cut around it.
2. Remove the pins and template. Then fold the felt where indicated on the template to create the pocket portion of the pouch. Glue the felt edges together along both sides of the pocket, as shown. The felt above the pocket will serve as a flap that folds down to close the pouch.
3. Create a tab on the pouch flap by sticking two felt hearts back-to-back, so that they sandwich the lower edge of the flap between them, as shown. Your child can grasp this heart tab whenever he or she wants to open the pouch.
4. Attach one half of the Velcro fastener to the underside of the tab heart and the other half to the corresponding place on the pouch.
5. Now close the pouch and let your child decorate it by sticking on additional felt hearts.