Whether he's grabbing the strings of some helium balloons to elude a chasing dog or distracting froggers so Tiana can escape from captivity, Naveen the frog always comes through in a pinch. So too will this cuddly felt replica. With posable legs and a charming smile, it makes an entertaining companion on a rainy day.
- Felt Froggy template
- Straight pins to secure the template pieces to the felt
- Felt (dark and light green, white, and black)
- Hot glue gun
- 4 pipe cleaners
- Handful quilt batting or other material for stuffing the frog
1. Print the template and use it as a pattern for cutting the pieces out of the specified colors of felt.
|2. Glue a pipe cleaner on top of one of the hind leg pieces, as shown. Then glue another hind leg piece atop the first one so that the pipe cleaner is sandwiched between them and all the edges match up. Create the second hind leg and the two front legs in the same way.|
|3. Glue the tops of the four pipe cleaners to one of the body pieces, as shown.|
|4. Glue the belly onto the second body piece. Then glue on the mouth, eyeballs, pupils, and eyelids. Set this piece atop the other one and glue them together along the edge, leaving a small section of the head open.|
5. Finally, stuff the body with quilt batting and then glue the opening in the head closed.