When you're masquerading as a princess, wearing a beautiful gown and a regal crown is a given. But no royal get-up is complete without jewels. This elegant string of craft pearls features a shimmery crystal blue pendant -- just like the necklace Tiana wore to Charlotte's ball.
- Thin, flexible silver craft wire (1 1/2-inch length)
- Glue dot
- 2 turquoise or blue oval acrylic gems
- Beading elastic
- Crafting pearls or beads
- Magnetic necklace clasp
- Craft glue
1. Create the center blue pendant by folding and twisting the craft wire to form a small loop. Slide a bead onto the wire, pushing it up just below the loop. Then trim the wire ends to about 1/2 inch long. Use a glue dot to sandwich the wire ends between the two oval gems.
|2. Cut two lengths of beading elastic that measure about six inches longer than the necklace you want to make. Double the elastic up and thread on the gem pendant, sliding it to the center.|
3. Pull the ends of the top elastic together and thread on a pearl, as shown.
4. Now string pearls onto all four of the elastic ends. To keep the beads from sliding off the end opposite the one you're working on, stick a small piece of tape to the elastic.
5. When you're ready to attach the clasp, remove the tape and tie each pair of elastic ends together. Then slide a couple more beads onto the doubled elastic.
6. Now tightly tie on the necklace clasp. Thread the elastic ends back through a few beads and trim the ends. Secure the knots near the clasp with drops of glue. Once the glue is thoroughly dry, the necklace is ready for your little princess to wear.