Cut from paper doilies, these fancy gloves with their lacy trim make fitting invitations for a Cinderella tea.
- Paper doilies
- Glue stick
- Lightweight craft paper or stationery
- Colored markers
- Have your child place her hand on a paper doily so that her palm rests on the unperforated center and her wrist is on the lacy perimeter. Trace around her hand extending the lines on both sides an inch or two past her wrist. Then draw a line joining the ends of the two lines to complete the glove.
- Stack the doily atop another one and cut out the tracing, going through both doilies. Now you can use one of these cutouts as a pattern to cut out a pair of matching shapes for the other invitations.
- To complete each invitation, apply glue to the fingers and side edges (but not across the wrist) of one cutout in the pair. Then set the other cutout on top of it, matching up all the edges, and press down evenly to stick the two layers together.
- For each glove, print the party date, time, and other pertinent information on a piece of craft paper or stationery. Then fold the invitation and tuck it into the glove.