Cinderella and Prince Charming Costume
It's Cinderella and Prince Charming as dressed in the ballroom scene from Disney's Cinderella!
Prep Time: 3 Months
- 5 yards of ivory wool gabardine
- 5 yards of ivory lining material
- 2-1/2 yards red wool gabardine
- 1 yard gold gabardine
- 10 yards metalic gold trim
- 1-1/2 yards gold satin drapery cord
- 1 yard gold satin drapery trim
- Corrugated cardboard
- 20" separating zipper
- 2 yards fusible interfacing
- 2 gold buttons
- Decorative belt buckle (spray-painted metalic gold)
- 8 yards pale blue satin
- 1 yard white satin
- 8 yards pale blue lining material
- Fusible interfacing
- 10 yards horse-hair braid
- 14" white zipper
- Black square beads
- One rhinestone jewel
- One purchased headband
- Clip-on pearl earrings
- Purchased gloves
- Prince: adapt McCall's "Civil War Uniform" pattern.
- Cinderella: Adapt Simplicity's "Snow White and Sleeping Beauty" pattern. Use Snow White's bodice pattern pieces, shortening and widening sleeves, omitting cuffs, and widening and deepening the neckline.
- Use Sleeping Beauty's skirt pattern pieces, lengthening front and back godets, (narrow pieces in the back in half and use four; narrow front pieces by 2/3, using three to create the effect of the lines that are drawn in the center of Cinderella's skirt). Lengthen skirt pieces by adding corresponding sections of the yolk to each piece. Adapt peplum pattern to create two crescent shapes, one for each side. Add horse-hair braid to the bottom of the peplum to make it stand out.
- Hand-sew blue fabric over a purchased headband.
- String black square beads to create choker, adding a rhinestone and onyx jewel in center.
- Purchase white gloves.