Little Simba Costume
A Simba-inspired infant lion costume with hand sewn mane!
Prep Time: 1 week
- About 1 1/2 yards faux suede
- 1 sheet white felt for pads on feet
- 1 sheet pink felt for ears
- 2 spools each of 4 different colors of ribbon
- Matching thread
- Poly stuffing for tail
- 1/8" trim for hood and ears
- 4 or 5 pipe cleaners
- Elastic for wrist and ankles
- I used a pattern for this. I used the sewing machine on the body of the costume, hood, and ears.
- The trim was hand sewn and the ears were hand stitched to the hood.
- The tail was sewn on a machine, hand stuffed and attached with a safety pin.
- I used a couple of pipe cleaners to help form the tail the way I wanted it to go.
- For the mane and tail hair, I hand sewed the ribbon on. The pattern calls to glue it, but sewing it insured that it wouldn't fall off.
- The costume itself was very easy to make. The only thing that was time consuming was hand sewing all the ribbon.
My son looked so adorable in this costume and it was worth the extra time.