Mickey Mouse Costume
It's Mickey Mouse!
Prep Time: Less than an hour
- Black long-sleeved turtleneck
- Black and red sweatpants
- 2 sheets of white felt
- 2 sheets gold felt
- Fusible web
- Black ribbon (or hot glue and black puff paint)
- 2 black foam sheets
- 1/4 inch elastic
- Safety pins
- Black hairspray
- Shorts: Cut red sweats about 2 inches below knee and turn inside out. You can cut shorter or leave longer depending on your taste. Cut fusible web into eight, 3 inch long (and 1/2 inch wide) strips. Iron fusible web to the bottom of each leg all the way around, peel back off web and fold up cuffs to make a "hem" and iron. Turn pants right side out. Iron gold felt to fusible web and cut out 2 ovals. Iron ovals to front of shorts.
- Gloves: Draw free-hand, or trace on white felt the shape you want the gloves. You will need 4 glove cut-outs. Using black ribbon, stitch 2 cut-outs together and then stitch 3 glove "slits" on front of glove. Stuff with polyfill and hot glue shut, or hot glue the cut-outs together and stuff when dry, using paint for slits and black outline of gloves.
- Ears: Cut 2 large circles and a 1/2 inch strip lengthwise from foam sheets. Cut bottom of circles to make a small flat spot on each ear. Hot glue the flat end of each ear about an inch in from the ends (closer or further to your liking). Using a large needle, thread the elastic through one end of foam strip, cut elastic to fit, and thread through other end and knot off.
- Put it together! Dress child in black sweats and long-sleeved turtleneck. Put the red shorts over the pants. Pin gloves to end of the sleeves. If your child will let you, (mine wasn't too keen on it) spray hair with black hair spray. Place ears on head and voila! A cute little Mickey!