Snow White's Poisoned Apple Costume
His sister was going to be Snow White for Halloween, and I really wanted to make something to go along with her costume, so I came up with the poisoned apple. I made the entire thing, but you could make it a little easier and use less fabric if you found a matching red sweatshirt and pants, and then red fleece for the "fat apple" belly and hat.
Prep Time: 5 hours
- 2 yards of red polar fleece (or red pants and a red shirt- then only ¼ yard for hat and belly panel)
- 1 green foam craft sheet
- 1 brown foam craft sheet
- Elastic big enough for waistband (if you will be making pants)
- Batting for stuffing shirt
- Any simple pants and shirt pattern will do (I made up my own). After the shirt and pants are completed, cut a rectangle out of the polar fleece and sew it across the chest of the shirt and down the side.
- Stuff it with batting to make the fat belly for a plump apple, then sew across the bottom.
- For the hat, I also made up my own pattern. I laid a jacket down and traced a pattern to make the hat. (I even sewed strips of the material for the ties ). I cut out a stem and leaf from the craft foam and then sewed it between the two panels. I did it double thickness so that it would stand up. Then I sewed little ties on the bottom to keep it on.
I'm not very good at explaining but it really was very simple and turned out cute!