Cinderella made from an old dress, things left around the house... oh and did I mention some bibbidy bobbidy boo from a Fairy Godmother?
Prep Time: 30 minutes
- A white formal dress
- "Glass slippers" (clear plastic pumps)
- Strip of black velvet for the neckband (with a velcro stick on closure)
- Because I didn't want to permanantly change my dress, I used safety pins to add on what the mice in Cinderella sewed on. I used long white veil type material which I formed to make rounded tops which I attached with pins to the spaghetti straps of the dress. I used the same material to drape around my hips and the back, also attached with safety pins.
- I bought a strip of black velvet lace and stuck self sticking velcro squares to the ends for the neck decoration.
- Added tiara and white headband.
- Gloves can often be found cheaply at Halloween (I happened to have mine.... from my wedding).
- Shoes were popular at the time but a pair of white pumps would also work.
You will be happy to know the dress now looks the same as it did on the wedding day (though I am thinking of being the White Witch from Narnia this year) and there really is a Happily Ever After!