Disney Family Costume
It's Gaston, Belle, Dopey, Alice, Peter Pan and Pinocchio!
Prep Time: 2 months
- Belle: dress pattern, white shirt, blue and white material, black shoes.
- Gaston: men's pirate pattern, vinyl boot covers, material (red black, and yellow), brown vinyl "leather," black leather string, eyelets, belt buckle.
- Dopey: green material, purple fleece, large cover-it-yourself buttons, very large plastic ears, light brown felt, zipper, black vinyl "leather."
- Alice: Alice in Wonderland pattern, light blue and white material, black material for bow, blonde wig, full puffy slip.
- Peter Pan: Costume top and hat from Disneyshopping.com, brown shorts, shoe covers made from felt.
- Pinocchio: yellow shirt, white and blue material for bow and collar, black vest, red shorts, brown felt for hat, red sticky back felt for feather, brown velt for shoe covers, white gloves, long plastic nose.
- Belle: I found a dress pattern that looked similar, and adjusted as needed. I also used a pattern for the apron. I made up the bow for my hair-sewed it out of blue material.
- Gaston: I found a pattern for a pirate costume, and it worked really well for Gaston! I made a few adjustments. I used black leather rope and eyelets for the front top. I made arm bands out of faugh leather and added more leather rope in "x" shapes on the fronts of them. We found black boot covers at a costume shop. I made the pants also from the pattern out of black material. I made the belt from more faugh leather and added a buckle from a craft store.
- Dopey: I used a shirt to make a pattern for the top of this costume. I added a zipper in the back, and added material at the top for the collar. I then just added a rectangular piece of green material to finish off the bottom. The belt was made out of the black "leather", and I put velcro on the ends. We found big ears at a costume store, and we actually pinned them to the hat I made out of purple fleece. I covered very large buttons with brown felt for the front of the costume, and also made shoe covers from the same felt and elastic.
- Alice: I made the dress from an Alice pattern that I found, and added a puffy slip underneath that I already had. I found a blonde wig and made a bow out of black material.
- Pinocchio: I used a yellow shirt and added a collar and bow that I made from material. I added yellow ribbon to a black vest. I made shorts from a child's pattern, and added wooden buttons to the front. I made the hat from brown felt, and added a blue stripe. I made the feather from red sticky back felt that I cut out, then stuck together for double thickness. I tacked that on to the hat. We found a cute pinocchio nose from a costume shop. I made shoe covers out of brown felt and elastic.
- Peter Pan: Top and hat are from a costume we ordered from Disneyshopping.com, and added brown shorts that he already had. I made shoe covers out of dark brown felt and elastic.
We wore these to Mickey's not so scary Halloween Party and had a blast!