Pack of Dalmatians Costume
We were going to a Halloween party at our favorite Florida theme park and wanted a group themed costume that would be easy to make, comfortable to wear, and not too hot (warmer versions can be made just as easy). Both my daughters LOVE dalmatians, so this seemed like the perfect solution.
Prep Time: 30-45 minutes per costume
- White t-shirt (sweatshirt for colder climates)
- White shorts (sweatpants for colder climates)
- Piece of cardboard
- Small paper/plastic disposable bowl
- Black fabric paint
- Round sponges in different sizes
- Red felt
- Marker or glitter glue
- Black headband and white felt (or pre-made dog ears)
- If using thin material, place cardboard between front and back of shirt material so paint won't bleed through.
- Pour some black fabric paint into the bowl. Dip bottom of largest sponge into paint, let extra paint drip off. Randomly stamp black circles onto shirt.
- Repeat with smaller sponges until shirt front is filled. Let dry and repeat on back. Repeat on shorts/sweat pants.
- Cut a one inch thick "collar" out of the red felt (these will need to be fitted to each individual).
- Trace a 2- to 3-inch circle on the red felt using a glass or other round object.
- Use a dark marker or glitter glue to write the costume wearer's initial on the felt circle.
- Use a safety pin to pin the circle on the collar, and close the collar on the wearer's neck.
- You can buy pre-made dog ears or make floppy ears out of white felt. Use fabric paint or a black marker to make the spots on the ears.
- Attach to the headband with glue/glue gun. Optional whiskers and black nose can be added with makeup/face paint.