Chances are your kids will rub elbows with at least one Jack this Halloween, be it a Sparrow or a lantern. These eye-patched pumpkin goody bags are just the right size to fill and hand out to pirate-loving party guests or trick-or-treaters. They also make a great fall fundraiser for a school bazaar.
- Pirates' Loot Grab Bags templates
- Scrapbook paper (shades of orange, brown, black, and yellow)
- Paper lunch bags
- Black marker
- Print out the templates and cut out the pieces. Trace the pumpkins and their tops onto orange scrapbook paper, the stumps onto brown paper, and the eyepatches onto black paper. Cut out the tracings.
- Glue each pumpkin and its stump onto the face of a paper lunch bag.
- For each pumpkin, cut a triangular eye and nose, and a toothy grin, out of yellow paper. Glue the features in place.
- Glue an eyepatch in place where the missing eye is. Then draw black string ties extending from the corners of the patch to the sides of the pumpkin, and the loot bags are ready to fill with take-home treasures.