Inspired by the movie: High School Musical
No matter what team kids are routing for, this felt banner, featuring East High's toothy mascot, will let everyone know that they're wild about sports -- or, perhaps, school in general. And it's a lot easier to create than you might imagine. Simply use the provided templates to cut pieces out of sticky-back felt and your child can assemble them in little more time than it takes to recite his or her favorite cheer.
- Wildcat Pennant Template A
- Wildcat Pennant Template B
- Straight pins (for pinning the template pieces to the felt)
- Stiff white felt, 12- by 18-inch sheet
- 3 (9- by 12-inch) sheets of sticky back felt (one each of black, red, and white)
- Sticky-back felt letters
2. Assemble the wildcat head by first peeling the paper backing off the red felt head and then sticking the head onto the black under layer (leave the paper backing on the under layer at this point). Next, stick the black fur and eye socket pieces onto the head. Then stick the eyeball, teeth, and whiskers in place.
3. Now peel the backing from the completed wildcat head and stick the head onto the sheet of stiff white felt.
4. Use the sticky-back felt letters to add a cheer to your pennant.