Inspired by the movie: High School Musical
Anyone can tell you that, while Gabriella, Troy, and the Evans twins sure can carry a note, it's Kelsi Nielsen who shines at putting them together into catchy tunes. Well, here's a creative book bag idea that all of East High's performing artists would certainly find noteworthy: a canvas tote featuring a musical score composed by your very own budding musician.
- Canvas tote bag
- Fabric pens
- Buttons, needle, and thread (optional)
1. Use the ruler and pencil to lightly draw a sheet music staff (five parallel lines on which musical notes are written) across the front of the canvas tote bag.
2. Help your child pencil a G clef at the start of the staff. Then she can add notes, sharps, and any other musical symbols of her choosing.
3. When she's "composed" the music she wants, place a few flat sheets of newspaper inside the bag to prevent the fabric ink from bleeding through to the back. Then she can use fabric pens to print over the pencil lines and fill in the notes. Allow the ink to dry thoroughly.
4. Finally, if you like, you can embellish the notes to give them a 3-dimensional look by sewing buttons on top of them.