Inspired by the movie: Lion King
For Simba, following in his father's paw prints proved to be no small feat. Especially after Scar tricked him into thinking he was responsible for Mufasa's death. In time though, Simba remembered what his beloved mentor said: that along with all the other former lion kings, he would always be there looking down from the stars to offer guidance. And with that in mind, Simba did his father's memory proud by stepping into his rightful role as ruler of the Pride Lands. Inspired by Mufasa, this Father's Day card is designed to let Dad know how proud you are to be in his pride.
- Lion template
- Scrapbook paper (2 shades of brown, orange or gold, and tan)
- Glue stick
- Cardstock (8 1/2- by 11 inch sheet)
- Googly eyes
- Sticker letters (optional)
1. Print the template and use the pieces as patterns for cutting the shapes out of scrapbook paper. Use one shade of brown for the mane under layer and chin layer, and another shade of brown for the mane mid layer, the ear layer, and the nose. Cut the face and ears out of orange or gold paper, and the jowls out of tan.
|2. To assemble the pieces, first glue the mane mid layer onto the under layer, sandwiching the ears between them, as shown.|
|3. Glue the lower edge of the face to the upper edge of the mane chin layer. Then glue the face onto the mane mid layer, slanting it a bit to the left.|
|4. Attach the mane ear layer to the top of the head.|
|5. Glue the jowls and then the nose in place.|
6. Add googly eyes, and draw on eyelashes, a mouth, and whiskers.
7. Fold the cardstock in half to make a card. Glue the lion's head onto the card and use a marker or sticker letters to add a personal Father's Day greeting.