Leave it to a talking candelabrum to deliver a heartfelt message that says it all this Mother's Day. Inspired by Lumiere from Beauty and the Beast, this card features paper candlesticks topped with fingerprint flames and an old expression that lets Mom know you think she is the very best.
- Candle and candleholder templates
- Scrapbook paper
- Glue stick
- Black marker or colored pencil
- Finger paint, yellow and red
- Sticker letters (optional)
1. Print the templates. Cut out the pieces and use them to cut a candleholder, candlesticks, and candle tops from scrapbook paper.
2. Fold a piece of scrapbook paper (14 1/2 inches high by 11 inches wide) in half from top to bottom to create a card.
3. Glue the candleholder to the bottom of the card, but leave the very upper edge unglued. Now glue the candlesticks in place, slipping the bottom edges behind the top of the holder. Then glue the candle tops in place.
4. Draw a wick at the top of each candle. Next, dip your thumb or fingertip into the finger paint and stamp a yellow "flame" atop each wick. Add a touch of red at the tip of each flame.
5. Use the marker or sticker letters to spell out the message, "No one holds a candle to you, Mom."