As the monarch of Pixie Hollow, Queen Clarion's knowledge of fairy magic surpasses everybody else's. And, when she arrives at special fairy gatherings, she often materializes out of a cloud of pure pixie dust wearing a beautiful crown designed especially for the occasion. To usher in spring for instance, she dons a ring of delicate white blossoms, among them her favorite flower, the Calla Lily. Here's a fun way for your child to turn her favorite flower picks into a pretty spring crown of her own.
- Assorted white silk flowers
- Wreath-shaped white headband (sold in the bridal aisle at large craft and fabric stores)
- Twist ties (optional)
- Hot glue gun
- White ribbon
1. Have your child choose several white flowers to adorn the headband. Cut the stems short (a couple of inches or so from the blossom). Together, try out a few different arrangements by attaching the blossoms to the band with twist ties.
2. Once you've settled on a favorite arrangement, remove the flowers one at a time and hot glue them back in place.
|3. When all the flowers are attached, wind ribbon around the band, going between the blossoms to cover and better secure the stems.|
4. Glue the ends of the ribbon to the band, overlapping them an inch or so, and the crown is ready to wear.