Inspired by: Alice in Wonderland
Here's a fashionable holiday hat that will have your child smiling from ear to ear. Inspired by the March Hare that Alice meets at the Mad Hatter's tea party, it features a pair of floppy rabbit ears with a scattering of straw between them. It's the perfect topper to don at an Easter or unEaster gathering, whichever the case may be.
- Easter ears template
- Straight pins (for securing the template pieces to the felt)
- Felt, brown and pink
- Hot glue gun
- Pipe cleaners
- Straw hat
- Stretchy headband or wide ribbon
- Raffia (or shredded packing paper)
1. Print the template and cut out the pieces. Use the cutouts as patterns to cut four outer ear shapes from the brown felt and two inner ear shapes from pink felt.
|2. Arrange two 8 1/2-inch pipe cleaner lengths on top of one of the outer ear shapes, as shown, and glue them in place.|
3. Glue a second outer ear shape on top of the first, matching up all the edges. Then glue a pink inner ear atop the finished ear.
4. Create the second ear as you did the first, only this time make sure the tip at the top faces the opposite direction.
5. Glue the base of each ear to the front of the hat just above the brim. Then stretch a headband (or tie ribbon) around the hat and over the bottoms of the ears.
6. Gather a small bunch of raffia and knot it in the middle. Glue the knot to the hat between the ears, tucking it behind the headband or ribbon.