Inspired by: Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs
Devising an Easter egg decorating technique that truly outshines all the others is no easy task — unless you happen to be an industrious little miner with a store of diamonds at your disposal. Adorned with faux gems and silvery "diamond dust" glitter, these paper eggs are just as sparkly as the ones the seven dwarfs are apt to leave in Snow White's basket. Hide them around the yard for a holiday scavenger hunt, or attach ribbon hangers and turn them into sun-catching window ornaments.
- Egg template
- Scrapbook paper or other colored paper
- Glue stick
- Clear faux gem stickers and/or glitter glue
1. Print the template and cut it out.
2. For each egg you plan to make, use the template to cut out two matching egg shapes from scrapbook paper.
3. Glue the egg shapes back to back with the colored sides facing out.
4. Decorate the egg with faux gems and/or glitter glue.
5. If you choose to hang your eggs as ornaments, simply make a small hole in the top of each one and thread a piece of thin ribbon (or monofilament) through it. Then knot the ends together to create a loop.