Inspired by the movie: Bolt
When you're an alley cat that has to scrounge for her food, and you end up getting catnapped by a white German shepherd who thinks he has super powers, love is probably the last thing on your mind. But should that shepherd happen to be a dog named Bolt who proves to be a loyal, heroic, and caring canine, well, anything's paws-ible. If there's someone extra special on your child's list, here's the purr-fect valentine for letting the cat out of the bag.
- Mittens templates
- Black, white, and pink craft paper
- Red, green, and black markers and colored pencils
- Glue stick
1. Print out the templates and cut out the pieces.
2. Use the templates to cut out a head, body, and tail from black paper. Use the eye template to cut out a black paper circle and then cut the circle in half. From white paper, cut out a nose heart, eight paw hearts, two eyes, and a pair of tail tips. Finally, cut out two ear hearts from pink paper, and then cut one of the hearts in half.
|3. Fold the body shape in half, as shown.|
4. For each paw, glue a pair of white hearts together, sandwiching the end of the leg between the tips, as pictured. Glue the white tail tips in place, one to each side of the paper.
|5. Use the markers or colored pencils to draw a tiny red heart on the nose heart and green irises and black pupils on the centers of the eye circles. Next, glue the black semi circles onto the upper eyes to create eyelids.|
6. Glue the nose and eyes onto the face, positioning them on the lower half of head.
7. Glue the full pink heart in place for the left ear and a half pink heart in place for the right.
8. To attach the head, make a small slit in the backbone and insert the neck.