Inspired by the movie: Cinderella
No doubt Cinderella's glass slippers will forever be a favorite part of her wardrobe. After all, they were a perfect fit. So too is this dangly valentine bracelet presented by none other than Prince Charming, of course.
- Scrapbook paper
- Thin jeweler's wire or craft wire (flexible enough to bend without pliers)
- Large seed beads
- Small pony beads
- Beading elastic
1. For each charm, cut out a pair of small matching hearts (the ones shown here measure about 1/2 to 3/4 inch wide).
|2. Cut a 2 1/2-inch length from the beading wire. Bend the length loosely in half and twist the ends together a few times about 1/8 inch below the bend to form a small loop, as shown.|
|3. Thread a couple of large seed beads onto the twisted portion of the wire and then trim the wire ends 1/2 inch or so below them. Spread the wire ends slightly.|
4. Glue the paper hearts together, matching up all the edges and sandwiching the wire ends between them.
5. Cut a length of beading elastic that is several inches longer than the circumference of your child's wrist. Thread the charms onto the elastic, spacing them apart with a couple of small pony beads.
6. When the bracelet is the desired length, tightly tie the ends of the beading elastic together with an overhand knot, leaving a little big of slack so the charms will dangle. Use a dab of glue to secure the knot, if needed. Trim the elastic ends about 3/4 of an inch from the knot and thread them back through the adjacent beads.