Inspired by the movie: Dumbo
While jumping from the top of a flaming building and flying circles under the big top proved to be Dumbo's "fall to fame," not all of his talents come from having extra large ears. This loveable pachyderm is also equipped to perform a brand new Valentine's Day act for adoring fans -- blowing a spray of heart-shaped bubbles.
- Elephant templates
- Scrapbook paper (assorted colors, including gray or silver, pink, and yellow)
- Glue stick
- Googly eyes
- Fine-tipped markers (black and red)
1. Print out the template and cut out the pieces.
2. Cut out the elephant head/trunk and a pair of the large hearts from gray or silver paper, a pair of the smaller hearts from pink paper, and a hat shape from yellow paper. Cut out several small hearts (about 1/2 to 1 inch wide) from assorted colors and/or patterns.
3. Glue the googly eyes in place on the head. Use the fine-tipped black marker to draw on eyelashes and to add wrinkle lines to the forehead and the base of the trunk.
|4. Glue the pink hearts onto the centers of the gray or silver hearts to create the elephant's ears. Glue the base of each ear (the tips of the hearts) to the back of the head, as shown.|
5. Use your fingertips to curl the elephant's trunk forward and up. Glue one of the small hearts to the end of the trunk. Glue a second heart to the first and so on to create a small cluster of valentine bubbles.
6. Outline the hat with red marker, as shown, and then glue it to the very top of the head.