For feats like turning pumpkins into coaches and mice into horses, you need a wand with plenty of pizzazz. With its flowing strings of glittery stars and a sparkly handle, here's one that any fairy godmother would be proud to wield.
- White craft paint
- Wooden dowel (about 1/4-inch in diameter and 12-inches long)
- White or blue glitter
- Fairy Godmother Wand template
- Blue sticky-back glitter craft foam
- Measuring tape
- Beading thread or embroidery floss (blue and white)
- Small sticky-back craft foam stars (sold in packages) or shiny sticker stars
- Paint the dowel white. For a sparkly effect, sprinkle glitter on the upper third of the dowel while the paint is still wet.
- Print out the Fairy Godmother Wand template and cut it out. Use it as a pattern to cut out two matching stars from the blue sticky-back glitter craft foam.
- Peel the backing off one star and stick it to the top of the dowel. Peel the backing off the second star and carefully line it up with the first, pressing the two together and sandwiching the dowel between them. Don't worry if parts of the stars' edges don't match up perfectly. You can trim them with scissors.
- Cut four 1-foot lengths of beading thread or embroidery floss and gather them in a bunch. Tightly tie the strands around the wand just below the foam star, and trim them to varying lengths. Attach pairs of small foam or sticker stars to each strand, sandwiching the thread between them (just as you sandwiched the dowel between the bigger blue stars), and the wand is ready to use.