Flowers-and-Ice Fairy Friendship Bracelet
When Tinker Bell sneaks over the border into the mysterious Winter Woods and meets a frost fairy named Periwinkle, the two make an amazing discovery. As a tribute to the special bond that forms between them, this friendship bracelet combines elements of summer and winter -- pretty purple flower blossoms and beads as clear as ice.
For each bracelet, you'll need:
- Purple felt, six 1/2- by 1-3/4-inch strips
- Embroidery floss or strong thread
- Faux pearl or gem stickers
- Hot glue gun
- Clear pony beads
- Clear stretchy beading elastic
1. Tightly tie the center of each felt strip with a double strand of embroidery floss, as shown.
2. Use more floss to tie two of the cinched strips together crossways. Trim the ends of the strips into petal shapes.
3. Then decorate the flower center with a faux pearl or gem sticker.
4. Create two more flowers from the remaining felt strips.
5. Hot glue a pony bead to the bottom of each flower.
6. String the flowers and additional beads onto a piece of stretchy beading elastic, creating a bracelet sized to fit your child's (or her friend's) wrist. Tie the ends of the elastic together tightly, using a bit of hot glue to secure the knot if needed. Then trim the ends an inch or so from the knot, and thread them back through the adjacent beads.