Minnie's 4th of July Headband
Minnie's 4th of July Headband makes a festive accessory for any Independence Day party.
- Minnie's 4th of July Headband template
- 1 sheet of stiff black felt
- Red ribbon, 24 inches long
- Blue ribbon, 12 inches long
- 2 1/4-inch wide wired silver ribbon, each 10 inches long
- 1 sheet of red felt (optional)
- 1 sheet of blue felt (optional)
- 1 sheet white felt (optional)
1. Print the pieces from Minnie's 4th of July Headband template and cut them out.
2. Trace and cut two front ears from stiff black felt (use a light colored pencil to trace). Trace and cut two back ears from stiff black felt.
3. Place an ear front onto the headband to one side and wrap the tabs around the headband. Secure the tabs to the back of the ear using hot glue. Glue the ear back to the back of the ear front, sandwiching the tabs between the ears.
4. Repeat step 3 with the other ear on the opposite side of the headband.
5. Cut two pieces of red ribbon, each 12 inches long. Cut a piece of blue ribbon 12 inches long. Lay the ribbons together and tie them in a bow. Trim the ends to about 3 inches long.
6. Wrap a 10-inch long piece of wired silver ribbon around your finger or a pen. Carefully remove it and shape it into a coil of spiraled ribbon.
7. Glue one end of the silver ribbon between a red and blue ribbon end. Repeat this step with the other silver ribbon, gluing it between a red and blue ribbon on the other side of the bow.
8. (This step is optional). Trace and cut four stars from red felt, four stars from white felt, and four stars from blue felt. On each ribbon end, glue a star (a red, white and blue on each side). Turn the bow over and glue the remaining stars to the back of the ribbon ends, sandwiching the ribbon ends between the stars. Decorate the stars with star sequins.
9. Hot glue the bottom of the ribbon knot onto the top of the headband to one side.