Daisy Duck Easter Egg
Everybody knows that Daisy has the gift of gab. Likewise, this charming Easter egg, modeled after the flirtatious and fashionable fowl, will be a true conversation starter.
- Hardboiled white egg (or wooden egg painted white)
- Cardboard tissue tube (1½ inches or so in diameter)
- Craft paint, lavender (or purple) and white
- Small piece of a white paper doily
- Black permanent marker
- Template for Daisy Duck Easter Egg
- White cardstock
- Glue dots
1. Cut a 2-inch length from a toilet tissue tube. Paint the tube lavender or purple. When the paint is dry, cut a small scalloped collar from the paper doily and glue it to the upper front of the tube, as shown.
2. Pencil a pair of narrow oval eyes (about 5/8-inch-long and 1/4-inch-wide), eyelashes, and eyebrows on the upper egg, and then trace over the lines and color in the eyes with marker. Use the tip of a toothpick dipped in white craft paint to add a gleam to each eye. Set the egg atop the tube with the narrower end down.
3. Print out the template on white cardstock and cut out the pieces. Glue the center portion of the beak piece to the front of the egg just below the eyes, but leave the sides free to extend beyond the width of the egg.4. Lastly, fold the tab on Daisy's bow, and glue it to the top of the head so that it stands upright.