Princess Rapunzel's Purse
Party-going princesses will have a ball customizing this colorful clutch inspired by Rapunzel. It's a great way to recycle old purses or small handbags. If you don't happen to have any on hand, you're likely to find a variety at secondhand shops and/or dollar stores.
- Small clutches, change purses, or makeup bags
- Thin gold or yellow cord
- Embroidery floss or yarn
- Low temperature hot glue gun
- Three-dimensional (felt or craft foam) flower stickers
1. Create a purse handle by gathering long lengths of thin gold or yellow cord into a bunch. Use embroidery floss or yarn to tightly tie the bunch an inch or so from the top. Braid the strands and again tie them tightly when you reach the bottom. Glue the ends of the braid handle to the purse, as shown.
2. Adorn with felt or foam flower stickers.