Princess Rapunzel's Wrist Corsage
Fashioned with Princess Rapunzel in mind, this fanciful wrist corsage is a great craft to kick off a princess party with a twist.
- Rapunzel's corasage template
- Purple felt
- Sewing needle and thread
- Pinch-style clothespin
- A few toothpicks
- Low temperature hot glue gun
- Glue dots
- Small stick-on gems
- Thin gold cord and embroidery floss or yarn (for mini Rapunzel braids)
- Faux pearl beads
- Thin ribbon or loops of decorative elastic (for making the wristbands)
1.Print the template and use the pieces to cut out the specified shapes from felt.
2. To create blossoms, layer the petals as shown, stitch through the stack one time, and knot the thread ends tightly. Note: they should be on the back.
3. For the wristbands, one option is to simply hot glue a button to a loop of decorative sewing elastic or a large stretchy hair tie, and then glue the button to the bottom of the blossom. Or, you can make an adjustable tie by threading thin ribbon or cord through two buttons, as shown, and knotting the ends so they can't slip back through the holes.
4. Create braids from lengths of thin gold cord, tying the ends as shown. Coil the tops of the braids and glue them to the flower centers.
5. Coil the tops of the braids and glue them to the flower centers.