Phineas and Ferb Bookmarks
These inventive bookmarks will come in handy for school year assignments. The flat sticks tuck neatly between textbook or notebook pages and the colorful Phineas and Ferb tops provide kids with a quick heads up of where they left off.
- Template for Phineas and Ferb Bookmarks
- 4 wooden craft sticks
- Craft paint (purple and orange) and paintbrush
- Heavyweight craft paper or cardstock (red, green, orange, purple, and a skin tone color such as pale orange or light tan)
- Glue stick
- Fine-tipped black marker
- Low-temperature hot glue gun
- Glue sealer, such as Mod Podge
1. Paint the top halves of the craft sticks: two orange for Phineas and two purple for Ferb. Set the painted sticks aside to dry.
2. Meanwhile, print the template and use the pieces as patterns for cutting out shapes from the specified colors of paper.
3. For Ferb, glue the two head pieces together one atop the other to make the paper double thick (this will stiffen the bookmark so it is more durable). Next, glue the two hair pieces together, sandwiching the top of the head between them, as shown.
4. For Phineas, first glue the two hair pieces together. Then glue the two heads together, this time with the hair sandwiched between the very tops of them.
5.Glue a set of eyes on each character, positioning them as shown. Then flip the heads over and glue the respective matching sets of eyes in place, as shown.
6.Draw a grin on both sides of each face.
7. Hot glue the orange-painted craft sticks together, sandwiching the very bottom of Phineas's head between them, as shown. Attach Ferb's head to the purple sticks in the same manner.
8. For each character, cut a pair of long skinny arms with rounded hands at the ends from the same paper you used for the heads. Use the glue stick to stick the arms to the painted portion of the craft sticks, as shown.
9. Brush a light coat of glue sealer on each bookmark to seal the paper. Let the glue dry (it shouldn't take long) and the bookmarks are ready to use.