Pixie Hollow Games Tumble Bugs
Inspired by the Pixie Hollow volley bugs, these paper lookalikes will surely bring about smiles as wide as the ones on their own faces. Just place them on the top end of a sloped surface, and the marbles inside their paper bodies will set them rolling head-over-heels all the way down.
- Template for Pixie Hollow Games Tumble Bugs
- Heavyweight craft paper or cardstock, lavender and blue
- Black marker
- Tacky glue
1. Print the template and use the pieces to cut out the shapes from the specified colors of paper or cardstock.
2. For each bug, draw the features on the face piece as depicted on the template. It's easy if you place the template on top and use a pencil to trace over them, as shown, using enough pressure to leave a light imprint on the lavender paper. Then you can use the imprints as a guide.
3. Glue the face to one end of a body strip.
4. Form the body strip into a ring the same size and shape as the side ovals. Glue the overlapped portion so the ring will hold its shape.
5. Use a toothpick to apply glue to the edge of the ring on one side and set it down on a side oval. Press down gently to stick it in place.
6. Place a marble inside the ring.
7. Attach the second side oval in the same manner you did in step 5.
8. If the edges of the side ovals extend beyond the ring, trim them flush. Then set your tumblebug on a slightly inclined surface and watch it summersault all the way down.